I'm sorry to say that my goal of keeping everyone up-to-date on our family here in Florida last year kinda flopped. I'm hoping to blog more often when we step foot on Thailand soil. Yes, if anyone hasn't heard, we will be moving to Chiang Mai, Thailand in less than 20days. The kids are super excited and keep asking when we are taking our 4 planes to get there. Emma tells everyone that she is going to live with the elephants and Cameron has learned to count to 6 in Thai. Josh has even picked up on some conversational phrases. Me, well I am just trying to not be too stressed with this move and will try to adapted when I get there.
Just an update on our lives since my last post (back in June 2011). Cameron has started kindergarten and loves it. Some of the kids that were in his preschool are in the same class, even his "girlfriend" Kaitlyn. They are so cute together. I actually took some pictures of them together last week for a Valentine's gift Cameron is making her. Kaitlyn's mom is so sad that we will be leaving. Cameron decided to hit a growth spurt right before Christmas break but after I had bought warm clothes for our trip to my mom's and Josh's parents' home for the holidays. So did Emma. Both are getting so big.
Emma is turning into our princess with a hint of devil. Man does she love to show her Irish temper and stubbornness. Most of last year we were potty training her and have finally been able to go in public with "big girl underwear" the last 5 months. We still have our good and bad days. She just likes to have things go on her schedule and her way but that isn't always the case with the potty. On a better note, she has been doing a home preschool with other mom's in our church. There is only her with 3 boys but she loves it! I'm glad she has another place to go twice a week to absorb information and play with others. It should get her ready for preschool/kindergarten. Oh, Emma went to the dentist for the first time in October. She was great until we had to return for a cavity. That was an adventure to say the least. Emma also got her adenoids taken out that same month to help with her reoccurring respiratory infections and slight snoring problem. It has helped and she is no long on medicine or getting sick as much.
Kyle is growing and losing some of that baby weight ... or just not gaining as much so fast. He still weighs in at 28lbs at 16months! He did decide to walk after his 1st birthday. I'm thinking he wanted to wait until Josh got home to show him. He is so cute when he walks/waddles/runs. He has found out how to climb up on everything. Soon we will find him at the top of the bookshelf like Emma did over the summer. Kyle is doing well and finally drinking regular milk, not the rice milk (it was because of the reflex) and he is medicine free! We have found out that he is a joker and developing his own sweet personality. His current fad to do is blow raspberries on you and look up laughing. It's so cute!
Josh is moving up with his career and putting his mind to work with school. He finished all this Master classes last fall and will be starting his paper when we get to Thailand. He has also switched jobs in his building, last spring. He loves it and can't wait to learn more at his new job in Chiang Mai. Because the country doesn't have to test facility for testing for Master Sargent, he was able to test for it at the beginning of February before we leave. We won't know those results until May. Keep your fingers crossed for us. I'm sad to say that because of the move and our limited weight, we/he sold his motorcycle. It was sad. Luckily our neighbor has a spare bike that Josh has been using the last couple weeks until we leave.
I'm doing okay. I started working out the last couple weeks at 5:20am three days a week with a friend. I'm surprised that I have more energy and eating better. Still working on my water intake though but I am getting by.
Now that you are some what caught up, check out the next post of the house we will be living in for 2years! And stay posted on our new adventure overseas.
Monday, February 13, 2012
Updating Everyone
Posted by Darting Family at 7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
THANK YOU for the super cute car seat canopy! I LOVE it! Good luck with your move. I know Jill is really going to miss you. I hope everything goes well for you in Thailand. Good luck.
Post a Comment