My sweet husband surprised me with a full day at the local spa the day after Valentine's. I was in heaven! He took the day off to watch the kids and dropped me off at the spa at 9:30am. I started with a tour of the relaxing place and slipped into a robe for my massage. Everywhere I turned I was being asked if I would like something to eat or drink. It was nice to be waited on without doing a thing.
So, the massage was 60mins. I believe the only part of my body that didn't experience tention releaf was my teeth. I was then excorted to a seating area with little muffins and water with the TV blazing a fireplace ... we're in FLorida, that's the best you will get with the heat we have been experiencing this year. :-) I was called back to get my Euro-facial which was wonderful and included more massaging of the arms, neck, shoulders and, of course, the face. I understand now why celebs hold themselves up for weeks at a time in places like these.
By than my stomach was making noices which I believe the staff heard because I was escorted into a palor room where my chicken salad and water were waiting for me. It was nice to eat quietly and not need to help others with food and clean up for a change. Do they do room and board here, I thought. Just kidding.
I decided to relax in the sauna before my pedi and mani but didn't believe I had time so I relaxed in the shower with no yelling of Mommy at the door and washed all the lotions and oils from my very relaxed body. With more water in my body I was escorted to a bubbling tub of water for my toes and, yes, more massaging while I sat. While my toes soaked, my fingers were massaged and then dotted with pampering and some polish. When was the last time I painted my nails, I wondered. Next was my toes with more massaging up to my knees. Sheer heaven! I didn't want to move afterwards but my hair was screaming for some attention that they would get next.
I have to say I wasn't very impressed with the stylist but I wasn't in a complaining mood. They must have that planned. :-) I did get a good wash and dry with a straightening of my untamed hair. When I finally stepped out of heaven and into my waiting vehicle, my little daughter looked at me and said "Mommy, you are beautiful. I love your hair." What a great way to end the day. Thank you, Honey! You have earned mucho brownie points from this blessed wife.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Last American Valentines
Posted by Darting Family at 10:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
What a fabulous gift! Your husband knows how to pamper you. :)
Post a Comment