Tacos in Thailand with Homemade Tortillas
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/07/cooking-class-flour-tortillas/ |
For
all those wondering if we miss American food, the answer is yes. But
we are coping well and adjusting by either buying American products that
are expense or finding ways to make things homemade like I did on taco
night last week. :-) We finally found tortillas at Rim Ping Supermarket;
with a family of five, the 8 tortillas that we got in the package
didn't last a week. I decided that I would try my hand in making
homemade tortillas after asking on facebook for recipes (and I was too
lazy to take a songtaew half way into town to buy more). The recipe I
used is linked above by the wonderful cookers I adore, OurBestBites.
I found out after my third tortilla that
the flattened dough must be VERY thin, paper thin or it will be doughy
when you heat it up in the pan. Heat is key too. I guess a tortilla
press would be a great purchase in my future if I'm wanting to continue
having Mexican food here. I did let out a bunch of stress when pounding
out the dough though. :-)
Chicken Enchiladas
http://joyful-mommas-kitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/white-chicken-enchiladas.html
Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps
http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/09/crispy-southwest-chicken-wraps.html
0 comments:
Post a Comment