The kids and I had gone over the flight schedule a couple times and had even drawn a map of the world with the numerous planes we would fly on. We started the LONG flight adventure with the 2 carts of stacked luggage, 3 children in pajamas, 2 car seats, and 3 carry-ons. We pretended to look like pros with our passports in hand 3 hours before our flight to DC and no crying children. After about 45min in line (that's getting military priority), we were able to make it to the counter. We tagged every piece of luggage and verified our tickets prior to going through security. Our flight from Orlando to DC was nice and uneventful. Now the 14hr flight from DC to Toyko is a different story. Let's start with the good and work from there. We were planning to pay for the movies and TV or have the children watch movies on our laptop. We had prepared with child headphones, but were surprised to find out that the movies and TV was endless and at no cost. Awesome! The children, mostly the 2 little ones, slept half of the time. Our flight took us over Canada and the snow covered ice. (I have a couple pictures through the windows that I will post later). Per advice from my good friend, Jill Pierce, we walked and drank lots of water during the flight. It helped. While flying over Alaska and walking Kyle around, he got sick in the aisle infront of the bathrooms. Luckly the person in the seat next to it was asleep and I was able to clean up most of it with the club soda the attendent gave me.
I'm surprised the children have let me type this long and are very quiet which means that I will need to continue our flight adventure another time. Until then.....
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Part 2 ...The Flights
Posted by Darting Family at 4:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey! So glad you guys made it and can't wait to hear more of your stories and see all the pictures! Miss you guys!
So glad you made it safely there. I'm glad you got enough water and walked around. It DOES help. Sure do miss you! (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment