Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Part 4 ...Our Last Flight

Josh had to do some briefings after lunch so the kids and I took a nap at the hotel ....4-5hr nap! The jet lag plus mother nature caught up with me. I tried so hard to get up after 1hr when Josh returned but my eyes wouldn't stay open.
The next day we had our flight at noon to Chiang Mai and was taken directly to our new house. I couldn't wait to be there and not living out of the suitcase. There were things everywhere! It's so hard to be organized when living out of suitcases.
 The signs all around were in Thai but sometimes they would have English to make it easy on some people.
Cameron got a Minute Maid Orange with Mango Juice.
Emma also got a Minute Maid.

 Emma came down with a fever the morning of our flight and was Daddy's little girl most of the day.
While we waited for our plane to arrive, the kids had fun viewing all the different size airplanes.  Kyle has learned the word "airplane".  He has also started to talk more words during our trip to Asia and signs words.  It's cute.  I love this age!

The 1hr flight to Chiang Mai was a breeze. When we landed for the last time, we collected all our luggage and was greeted with warm welcomes and smoke in the air by Josh's coworkers. Burning of the rice fields all over Asia has settled in Chiang Mai. It's not as bad as the smoke we get in Paradise, CA.  As we were driven to our new home, we were able to view some of the Thai culture.  Cameron kept asking about the "tuk-tuks" and Emma was excited to see Elephants.  I was surprised of the large home that was rented for us and the kids were running around finding their rooms while I locked a couple of the bathrooms.  Did I mention that we have 6?!
 Me and my boys on the Chiang Mai flight.  They don't call it an airplane.  It's an airbus :-)
 The view of Chiang Mai as we landed.
 One of our downstairs bathrooms and the entrance into the house with Emma in the entryway.

 This is Cameron's room and he has decided to decorate it with dragons we will get here in Thailand.
 This is Emma's room.  It was Kyle's for a couple weeks but know he is in the room with double twins because of the darker curtains.  We have also put his mattress on the floor until his crib/toddler bed is delivered at the end of April.

0 comments: