Where to start? I've been so busy with our household good delivery at the beginning of the month, adjusting to Thai culture and food, and a week full of wonderful friends at the end of May. I think I will just start with our week with old and new friends that visited us. I will add other posts later. :-)
We were lucky to get an empty songtaew for 6 adults and 5 kids! It was an experience for them and they learned to be locals very quickly. They look a songtaew to the zoo and home all by themselves on the 3rd day here.
After playing 200baht ($8usd) at the play area and jumping around, I treated the five kids to ice cream cones with sprinkles. They were in heaven.
Monday was a long day with massages in the morning for our company, playing time for the kids while waiting, and then we took a 6.5mile drive up the mountain to Doi Suthep Temple. From the base we climbed 306 stairs to the temple.
Step 1 .... 20 more to go ....
The kids were excited to see all the statues, Buddha, craving on doors, and the prayer bells.
When we were walking out of the restrooms Huang Jia got a unusual "gift". At first she thought one of the kids threw a water bottle at her head. To her surprise it was a flower bulb that fell out of the tree onto her crown. Ouch! In Asian culture, this is considered good luck. Well, we found out that night while playing games with her that this is true. She kicked our butts! :-) The next day before walking into the mall Huang Jia got hit with bird poop. lol I refused to play games that night with her.
On Wednesday, we drove to an elephant camp (will post about in a post of its own soon) and came back famished. We took a small walk up the street to our favorite restaurant and dined on wonderful Thai cuisine while being surrounded my trees and sounds of water flowing. They loved it!
I had to share this photo of the "Cup of Noodles" from China. They eat them for breakfast! It could feed a family of four. That day I took them to the Lanna "Food Court" in the mall for lunch and they decided to ditch their "Cup of Noodles" and just go there for all their meals. :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment