Thursday, June 21, 2012

Making Memories in the Rain

Rainfall in Thailand throughout the day

 Every time Josh goes TDY, we plan one night as pizza picnic and movies.  It's our little thing we do, just Mommy and the kids.  It makes me happy to see their smiling faces whenever I mention this night.  Tonight was the night. After we had taken a cold swim in the community pool (clouds were hiding the sun all day making the water colder than normal), the kids changed clothes while I called ahead for a large cheese pizza and one small Hawaiian (they put fresh pineapples on it. Yummy!). Because of our lack of vehicle transportation at the moment, we were on our own to deliver dinner home via petal bikes.  The kids were thrilled!  I put Kyle in the front bike seat on my bike and Emma gladly sat in the pulling trailer attached.  She agreed that it was her job to hold the pizza and the trip back.  Cameron petaled along side us and we were off.
I should have looked to the skies before planning our bike ride.  Dark clouds were moving in and before we could leave the village gate it started raining on us.  The kids were troopers and actually loved the new experience of riding in the rain. :-)  We stopped half way to the pizza place under a store hangover.  Cameron said we should just keep going. I decided to cover the trailer and the little ones with the rain top; Kyle would have nothing to do with being covered and Emma didn't want to share her dry space.  Okay. So we headed out again and the rain came down more heavily.  Mopeds were zipping by. Thais were smiling and some were laughing.  I'm not sure if they thought we were crazy or if they thought we were awesome to tread in the rain like a local, going through the day.  As we approached the pizza store (a 2 room pizzeria with outdoor seating) I could see the English girl looking at us.  Yes, we must look like drowned rats.  Cameron didn't understand the meaning. lol  I explained our craziness and she responded by stamping an extra stamp on our coupon card.  Sweet girl.
As you can see, we made it back home with dry pizza, soaking shirts, and a few cans of Rt Beer (treats for the kids coming with me in the rain).  The kids danced in the rain while I took some photos of this moment and then we got into dry pajamas to have our family picnic.  Memories ...make some with your kids.  They will treasure them throughout their years.
Kyle's newest face reaction he makes.  So cute!

1 comments:

Mamapierce said...

These pictures are SO CUTE! You are a real trooper to ride in the rain. Great job, mama!