Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cookies for Father's Day

Aren't they adorable?
Kyle
I noticed that I had 3 small bags of M&Ms laying in the kitchen, leftover from Cameron's teacher gift.  They were begging to be eaten.  I couldn't do it, so I suggested the kids decided to make M&M cookies for Daddy for Father's Day while I prepared my first fish dinner for him.

So my 3 little helpers tied on their aprons, boys matching :-) Emma had to wear her baking hat or the cookies wouldn't turn out right (birthday gift from Andrea Wynne and her adorable boys).

Cameron
Emma
With the mixer turning and the measuring spoons in hand, we got started.  Soon the flour was flying from getting to close to the moving beater and spoons were being licked before I could stop it.  They were having a blast.

 Kyle wasn't much into the mixing of the batter until he saw his sister scoping out balls on the cookie sheet.  He climbed up on the that chair before I could help.  With clean hand (I think) we helped place them in rows and even scoped big handfuls of batter.


 They were so happy when their Daddy came home from work and wanted to eat share their cookies.  That was the first time I saw them rush through dinner so they could enjoy their creations. What should we make this week? Banana Muffins? We do every week.  Maybe some applesauce? We will see.


Group photo taken by our maid.  I have no idea why Cameron looks that way.  He is so dramatic and loves to show it.

1 comments:

Mamapierce said...

How fun! You are such a great mom! I don't think I'm ready for having 5 helpers at the same time in the kitchen. I may not ever be ready for that.